21 January 2012

Loose ends and next steps

It's Saturday and raining, and I am tying up loose ends and preparing for the next steps in my career.  I am first finishing the last two academic papers that I hope to write.  One is my Master's thesis, the other a paper I gave last December at the British Institute in Florence that is being published in a volume about Bronzino.  I will send them off on Monday morning.

Every week, Pandoodle gains more momentum, interested investors, potential clients, and strategies for going forward.  We are meeting today to discuss the company's business plan, and I plan to recruit interns and sales people this quarter.  It will be my first experience managing people directly, which is exciting.  I wanted to teach art history primarily to assist young people develop their thinking and potential, and managing a team of sharp marketers and sales people will present that opportunity with perks that academia does not support.  I can choose whom I will work with and directly support them, and if we are all doing our jobs correctly, then we all get paid accordingly to our efforts.  This should be great fun.

I recommend seeing Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.  I don't recommend drinking heavily beforehand and grumbling your boozy observations to your sober date in the front row of an independent theater while swigging a Fat Tire tall boy.  Make sure she's at least as drunk as you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment