10 May 2010

Finito

A few more paleography and archival research classes aside, the semester is finished at last.  I have learned that just as discretion is the better part of valor, avoidance is the better part of scholarship.

The dig begins Saturday, and I need to finish the game-plan for the Symposium and a few books on the Etruscan site at Cetamura.  I have a few dinners this week, including a goodbye dinner for a friend and MAN FEAST(!) on Thursday night.  MAN FEAST(!) will be held at an undisclosed location; early reports indicate that there will be a lack of glasses, muliebrity, utensils, vegetables, time, and possessions.

It's been raining and cold since early last week, and this weather is supposed to continue until the end of this week.  When the sun emerges briefly, I have been escaping to the Boboli Gardens to read there.

No comments:

Post a Comment