06 February 2012
Pencils down... almost
Over the weekend, I finished the latest and, I hope, last draft of my Master's thesis. I also finished the latest but certainly not the last draft of my Bronzino paper. These are the last remains of a stillborn career in art history. I went through the labor only to find the corpus devoid of breath. Nevertheless, I have taken pleasure in writing again and inserting things into my paper that will upset academics. For example, capitalizing He when using the pronoun for Jesus Christ. I like putting in minute points of style or content like this to which academics are often more attune than the greater patterns of human heart and history. In a university, you could say, "My foreskin needs liberating!" and an academic would nod their head knowingly, but if you capitalize He for Christ, they might rupture a sphincter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment