Yesterday, someone stole my computer. The burglary took place in the middle of the Easter service when I was celebrating mass with the congregation of St. Mark's in the basilica. I believe that no greater offense has been committed in Tuscany since the Pazzi Conspiracy in 1478, when the Pazzi family in cahoots with Pope Sixtus IV (not Fourthstus VI) attempted to murder Lorenzo il Magnifico and his brother Giuliano during high mass at the Duomo. They only succeeded in eliminating the later and then being chopped to little pieces, disemboweled and hung from the public buildings, or driven into exile by Medici partisans. The difference between then and now is that my brother is alive and well, and having never seen the criminal, I do not know who to disembowel and hang from my window, although I would very much like to do it to someone.
Fortunately, I had backed up everything, and nothing else was taken, not even the charger.
No comments:
Post a Comment