27 March 2011

Back to Florence

I am heading back to Florence this afternoon after a few weeks in South Carolina and dreading the flight.  I hate flying.  I don't simply dislike or tolerate flying, I hate it.

I have enjoyed being home, reconnecting with family and friends, witnessing two good friends marry one another, and celebrating with my brother when he matched to Stanford for his residency in cardio-thorasic surgery.

This current semester ends on April 28th, and I am formulating plans for the summer.  Most likely, I will return to South Carolina, where I can find work for the summer months, versus consuming what little amount I have been able to save from my salary as a teacher's assistant.  Finding employment in Europe is tough, a job, nearly impossible, since the system is set up to prevent foreigners from taking European jobs from Europeans.  It costs an employer upwards of €10,000 and tens of hours cutting through red tape to issue a work visa to a foreign national.  Some American restaurant or construction site may soon be graced with my presence.

Off to brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment